Today I inquired with CAA why some information seemed to be missing off the aeronautical 1:500 000 VNC Charts.
Of particular interest was General Aviation Area's.
The response was that not all information below 9500 ft on the 1:500 000 maps is published, and indeed when one looks at a 1:500 000 chart there is a note/clause, "For complete aeronautical information refer to 1:250 000."
Therefore if you are thinking of buying a VNC Chart for your area I highly recommend you buy the 1:250 000.
The charts are prefixed with the letter C and number relating to a location, so for example the GAA at Moir Hill (G152) can be found on Map C3 Auckland 1:250 000, but will not appear on the B map 1:500 000.
Maps can be purchased directly on line at the AIP Shop at a cost of $16.35 each, go to; AIP Shop
NZHGPA Airspace Officer
Tel: 03 5450766
Mobile: 021 420742
- Learn More
- Visiting Pilots
Competitions and Records
- Hang Gliding Competitions
- Hang Gliding Cross Country Championships
- Hang Gliding Competition Committee
- Hang Gliding Competition Results
- Hang Gliding Trophies
- Hang Gliding Leagues
- Paragliding Competitions
- Paragliding Competition Downloads
- Paragliding National Ladder
- Paragliding Records
- Paragliding PGOpen (The National Comp)
- Paragliding Regional and Overseas Competitions
- Paragliding Online Cross Country Competition
- Paragliding Trophies and Winners
- Flying Sites